NO RESERVATIONS OR APPOINTMENTS NEEDED!
Pick-Your-Own Apples, Potatoes, and Vegetables!
Please check our website, our Facebook page, and the Pick-Your-Own Hotline to confirm we will be open or or if we have to close due to inclement weather.
You can mix and match. Pick apples, potatoes, and vegetables all in the same bag.
PICK-YOUR-OWN ORCHARD HOTLINE:
Click on the produce names below for hours, pricing and information.
>> We ask that you please respect our trees and plants that we work hard on year round to provide you with high quality fruits and vegetables!
Grim's Apple Picking!
Pick-Your-Own Apple season is here!
Hours: every day 10 am to 6 pm. Last picking bags sold at 4:30 pm on weekends; 5 pm Monday-Friday.
Please check here, our Facebook page, and the Pick-Your-Own Hotline to see if we will be closed due to inclement weather.Now Picking: CrimsonCrisp, Ambrosia, Macoun, Crimson Jonagold, Hampshire Mac, Shizuka, SunCrisp, Keepsake, Rosalee, Cameo, Mutsu/Crispin, WineCrisp, SunCrisp, Maslin Pink Lady, Enterprise, Brak Fuji!
- $8.95 – ¼ peck bag
- $13.95 – ½ peck bag
- $24.95 – 1 peck bag
- $42.95 – ½ bushel bag
- Every person entering must buy at least ¼ peck bag to enter the field or orchard; You can mix and match, put apples, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and vegetables all in the same bag, dependent on what is available at the time. Everything you pick must fit in the bag!
- Age 2 and under is free, but does not get a bag
- NO wagons in orchard; Except if buying two ½ bushel bags, then can take a wagon in the orchard
- Only pick produce that will fit in the bag that you purchase
- Any extra produce picked that does not fit in your bag will require you to purchase another bag
Apple Picking Lehigh ValleyBeginning September 2012, we opened our “Pick-Your-Own Apple” orchard to the public with great reviews. Now you are able to hand-pick your apples. Pick the freshest apples with the family, enjoying a nice day out together. We have over 20 different varieties of Apples. See below for the approximate harvest dates. Dates can vary as much as 10 days, earlier or later, depending on weather conditions.
|Premier HoneyCrisp||August 15||AutumnCrisp||September 1|
|Pixie Crunch||September 3||RubyMac||September 3|
|HoneyCrisp||September 4||Buckeye Gala||September 8|
|Daybreak Fuji||September 10||Royal Court||September 15|
|CrimsonCrisp||September 18||Crimson Jonagold||September 18|
|Ambrosia||September 25||Macoun||September 27|
|Hampshire Mac||September 29||Shizuka||October 1|
|Granny Smith||October 1||Keepsake||October 3|
|Rosalee||October 3||Franklin Cider Apple||October 8|
|Cameo||October 10||Mutsu/Crispin||October 14|
|WineCrisp||October 15||SunCrisp||October 16|
|Maslin Pink Lady||October 19||Enterprise||October 24|
|Brak Fuji||October 24||EverCrisp||October 24|
2021 FALL FESTIVAL SEASON!
Dates and times!
- Apple Picking: open now thru mid November, PYO will be open every day, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm*
- Pumpkin Picking: open now thru November, PYO will be open every day, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Fall Festival, Corn Maze, Hayrides, and Play Corral: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm*
- Kitchen & Bakery: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm*
- Hard Cider & Wine: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm*
*NOTE: Last admission tickets sold to all activities is 4:30 pm. And last admission into the orchard is 5:30 pm. Kitchen, Hard Cider & Wine, and Bakery open 10:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Pick Your Own Farm
It all started on October 11, 2010, Josh had a great idea to expand the existing Corn Maze and Fall Festival by planting dwarf apple trees for a Pick-Your-Own apple orchard. Within a couple of weeks, he had 3,800 trees and supplies ordered for planting in Spring, 2011. At the beginning of December 2010, we started clearing 5 acres of land and tree line until the beginning of snow season. In March we finished clearing the land and preparing to install 2,200 feet of 8’ high deer fence to protect the apples from crop damage. In April, we planted 60 Sugar Maple and Red Sunset Maple trees around the perimeter of the orchard to give it some Autumn color. By the end of April, we planted the apple trees and put white protective sleeves around the trunks. In May, we started constructing a 4 wire trellis support system, tied the trees to the first wire, and removed all the apple blossoms. The irrigation system was installed in June to water them, and pruned and trained the trees by tying the limbs down. Then it was time to just watch them grow! One blossom was missed, so we only had one apple this first year.
In 2012, we expanded the orchard to a total of 15 acres, with almost a mile of deer fencing. We planted another 3,000 apple trees. In 2013, we expanded the orchard again for a total of 26 acres, with over a mile and a quarter of deer fencing, and planted another 4,300 trees. In 2014, we added another 4,300 trees and in 2015, added 3,000 more trees. Each year we have added more trees, with over 30,000 dwarf apple trees on a trellis system, literally creating a wall of apples. We have over 20 varieties of apples for the Pick-Your-Own orchard in the surrounding Lehigh Valley.
In 2013, we planted 2,500 Sweet and Sour Cherry trees, available to pick in June and July.
We also planted 30,000 Strawberries, to add to our Pick Your Own Farm experience. Available to pick end of May through June.
2020 was a year for more changes. We planted potatoes, sweet potatoes, and many varieties of vegetables, all for Pick-Your-Own!
WE'RE THE BEST ORCHARD!
- Do not come to the farm if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or have come in contact with someone who has. If you are displaying symptoms at the farm, you will be asked to leave.
- Following CDC guidelines, people should wear a mask inside any of the buildings.
- Our employees working inside a building or shed will be wearing masks. Those working outside may not be wearing a mask.
- Please try to leave 6' of space between you and the next party while in line waiting to purchase your products or admission tickets and in the fields/orchard.
- Grim’s will no longer be weighing each box or bag. Every person who enters the orchard or field will buy a box or bag before entering. We are following the same process that we implemented in 2020. (Previously you picked up a box or bag from an employee, went and picked your items, then came back to the employee, weighed the items, and paid for them.) Now you will only have contact with the employee once, when you pick the size box/bag you want and pay for it. No need to have contact with us a 2nd time and our employees will not touch your box/bag and produce after you have picked it.
- We will still have to weigh your pumpkins.
- Each person who enters must purchase a box/bag before going into the fields/orchard. You can not share one box/bag with the whole family. Each person needs their own. If you do not have a box/bag, you will not be allowed into the fields/orchard.
- Age 2 and under are free.
- Ages 3 and above must have their own. Please click on each fruit at the top of the page to see pricing. https://grimsorchard.com/pick-your-own/
- Only pick enough fruit or vegetables that fit in the box/bag that you purchased.
- Any extra produce picked that does not fit in your purchased box/bag will require you to purchase another box/bag.
- Do NOT bring your own containers and bags from home.
- Grim’s is now cashless. We only accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Apple Pay and Google Pay, just hold your phone over our card reader and it will accept it, along with Grim’s Orchard & Family Farms Express/Gift Cards.
- The majority of our sales are already payed with credit card, but for those few people who do not have a credit/debit card, we will be selling Express/Gift Cards. We will have one location on the farm that will accept cash, and in turn, you will receive an Express/Gift Card that you can take to any register to purchase your items. You will need to get the Express/Gift Card at this location first before going to any register to purchase an item.
- You can also purchase eGiftCards. If you purchase $50.00 or more, you get a 10% discount. They never expire.