NO RESERVATIONS OR APPOINTMENTS NEEDED!
Strawberry season is right around the corner! Ready to pick towards the end of May, beginning of June. Check back regularly for exact opening date as it gets closer.
PICK-YOUR-OWN ORCHARD HOTLINE:
See our produce names below for pricing and information.
>> We ask that you please respect our trees and plants that we work hard on year round to provide you with high quality fruits and vegetables!
Strawberries are typically ready to be picked end of May, beginning of June till the end of June. Check back regularly as it gets closer to see when opening day is!
You can call our Pick-Your-Own Hotline at 610-841-1417, for more information.
Finding fresh and great tasting fruit is difficult these days, especially when you consider that most food travels hundreds or even thousands of miles to reach your local supermarket. But during our strawberry picking season, you can truly get the freshest, all-natural strawberries possible straight from the plant itself. Not only that, but it is a fun family activity that everyone of all ages can enjoy, and one that yields delicious and fresh fruits. Come out soon to Grims strawberry picking this season and get the best, freshest fruit for your baking recipes and summer parties!
We have 30,000 strawberry plants on raised beds of plastic with straw between the rows, to keep the weeds down, for much easier strawberry picking.
$2.95 – green pint box – ages 3-8 only
$5.95 – green quart box – ages 9 and older
$9.95 – small picking box
$14.95 – large picking box
Please call to place an order if you want a flat of strawberries, 8 quarts - $45.95
- Each person entering must buy at least 1 quart box to enter the field or orchard, anyone ages 9 and older. It is NOT one box per family. If you do not have a box, you will not be allowed into the fields/orchard.
- Ages 3 – 8 can buy a pint box
- Age 2 and under is free
- Only pick produce that will fit in the box that you purchased.
- Any extra produce picked that does not fit in the box that you purchased will require you to purchase another box.
2021 FALL FESTIVAL SEASON!
Dates and times!
- Apple Picking: open mid August - mid November, PYO, will be open every day, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm*
- Pumpkin Picking: open September - November, PYO, will be open every day, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Fall Festival, Corn Maze, Hayrides, and Play Corral: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm*
- Kitchen & Bakery: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm*
- Hard Cider & Wine: WEEKENDS ONLY and Columbus Day Monday, open September 11 - October 31, Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm*
*NOTE: Last admission tickets sold to all activities is 6:00 pm, 1 hour prior to closing time. And last admission into the orchard is 6:00 pm, 1 hour prior to closing time. Kitchen, Hard Cider & Wine, and Bakery opens 1 hour later and closes 1 hour prior to closing.
Pick Your Own Farm
It all started on October 11, 2010, Josh had a great idea to expand the existing Corn Maze and Fall Festival by planting dwarf apple trees for a Pick-Your-Own apple orchard. Within a couple of weeks, he had 3,800 trees and supplies ordered for planting in Spring, 2011. At the beginning of December 2010, we started clearing 5 acres of land and tree line until the beginning of snow season. In March we finished clearing the land and preparing to install 2,200 feet of 8’ high deer fence to protect the apples from crop damage. In April, we planted 60 Sugar Maple and Red Sunset Maple trees around the perimeter of the orchard to give it some Autumn color. By the end of April, we planted the apple trees and put white protective sleeves around the trunks. In May, we started constructing a 4 wire trellis support system, tied the trees to the first wire, and removed all the apple blossoms. The irrigation system was installed in June to water them, and pruned and trained the trees by tying the limbs down. Then it was time to just watch them grow! One blossom was missed, so we only had one apple this first year.
In 2012, we expanded the orchard to a total of 15 acres, with almost a mile of deer fencing. We planted another 3,000 apple trees. In 2013, we expanded the orchard again for a total of 26 acres, with over a mile and a quarter of deer fencing, and planted another 4,300 trees. In 2014, we added another 4,300 trees and in 2015, added 3,000 more trees. Each year we have added more trees, with over 30,000 dwarf apple trees on a trellis system, literally creating a wall of apples. We have over 20 varieties of apples for the Pick-Your-Own orchard in the surrounding Lehigh Valley.
In 2013, we planted 2,500 Sweet and Sour Cherry trees, available to pick in June and July.
We also planted 30,000 Strawberries, to add to our Pick Your Own Farm experience. Available to pick end of May through June.
2020 was a year for more changes. We planted potatoes, sweet potatoes, and many varieties of vegetables, all for Pick-Your-Own!
WE'RE THE BEST PUMPKIN PATCH!
We know this is long, but please read the whole thing as this is important information we all need to know and follow.
Due to Covid-19, we have made changes as to how our Pick-Your-Own crops will be harvested and all of our activities on the farm.
We want to keep you and our employees safe, while maintaining social distancing and limiting the contact you have with us. We follow CDC, FDA, and Department of Agriculture guidelines.
- Do not come to the farm if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or have come in contact with someone who has. If you are displaying symptoms at the farm, you will be asked to leave.
- You will be required to bring and wear a face mask or covering, until guidance changes. You will have to wear a face mask or covering while waiting in any line to purchase items and food, on all the attraction activities, and where you cannot maintain 6' social distancing.
- Our employees will be wearing face masks and wiping down surfaces that are frequently touched.
- To follow social distancing guidelines, please maintain 6’ of space between people in line waiting to purchase their products or admission tickets and in the fields/orchard.
- Grim’s will no longer be weighing each box or bag. Every person who enters the orchard or field will buy a box or bag before entering. We are following the same process that we implemented in 2020. (Previously you picked up a box or bag from an employee, went and picked your items, then came back to the employee, weighed the items, and paid for them.) Now you will only have contact with the employee once, when you pick the size box/bag you want and pay for it. No need to have contact with us a 2nd time and our employees will not touch your box/bag and produce after you have picked it.
- We will still have to weigh your pumpkins.
- Each person who enters must purchase a box/bag before going into the fields/orchard. You can not share one box/bag with the whole family. Each person needs their own. If you do not have a box/bag, you will not be allowed into the fields/orchard.
- Age 2 and under are free.
- Ages 3 and above must have their own. Please click on each fruit at the top of the page to see pricing. https://grimsorchard.com/pick-your-own/
- Only pick enough fruit or vegetables that fit in the box/bag that you purchased.
- Any extra produce picked that does not fit in your purchased box/bag will require you to purchase another box/bag.
- Do NOT bring your own containers and bags from home.
- Grim’s is now cashless. We only accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Apple Pay and Google Pay, just hold your phone over our card reader and it will accept it, along with Grim’s Orchard & Family Farms Express/Gift Cards.
- The majority of our sales are already payed with credit card, but for those few people who do not have a credit/debit card, we will be selling Express/Gift Cards. We will have one location on the farm that will accept cash, and in turn, you will receive an Express/Gift Card that you can take to any register to purchase your items. You will need to get the Express/Gift Card at this location first before going to any register to purchase an item.
- You can also purchase eGiftCards. If you purchase $50.00 or more, you get a 10% discount. They never expire.
Thank you for understanding and following our new guidelines, so we can all stay safe and healthy on the farm during these challenging times, while still getting out in the fresh air, having fun and picking your fresh produce.
Grim’s Orchard & Family Farms